It's week four of The Challenge and according to our favorite weather forecasting rodent, we are in for another six weeks of winter. Regardless of the scientific merit, or accuracy, it is no secret that this time of year can take even the happiest person and beat them down until they resemble a present day Scrooge. Well bah humbug with that attitude because this week Team Wildness has you covered.
The nights are long, the days are cold, and everyone wants to stay in bed until summer arrives - so let's try to make the next few months a little brighter! Kindness comes in many forms and this week we want you to show your kindness by bringing a smile to someone's face. Studies have shown that smiling can release endorphins that elevate your mood as well as release stress and anxiety by lowering your heart rate. And guess what? It's contagious! So why not share some happiness with a fellow human being?
Get creative with your tactics. You can give a compliment to a stranger, help a friend out, remind a family member of a funny story, or share an embarrassing story of your own! A single smile can have a significant impact on a person that ripples out indefinitely. Be sure to share your smile photos with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
As always, follow our instructions below, be safe, be kind, and have fun!
Good Inspires Good,
- Follow Project Wildness on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and watch for our weekly challenge post.
- Once we post our challenge for the week, you have 7 days to seek out a situation where you can fulfill the challenge.
- Be sure to document the event. You can take notes, take a photo, or video the event.
- Submit your story to Team Wildness by clicking the Submit Story button on our homepage or the Submit button in each challenge description.
- After reviewing the weekly submissions, we will pick some to feature on our website. If your submission is picked, we will contact you via your provided email address for more information and potential photos or media of the event.